October 1, 2020
High school seniors in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming encouraged to apply for Daniels Scholarship
DENVER — College-bound high school seniors in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming are encouraged to visit DanielsFund.org to apply for the Daniels Scholarship Program. The application will be open from October 1 through November 15, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. MST.
The Daniels Scholarship Program provides the opportunity for highly motivated students to earn a bachelor’s degree that helps them build a successful career and rewarding life. Daniels Scholars demonstrate exceptional character, leadership, and a commitment to serving their communities. Bill Daniels would also want his scholars to be proud Americans who value our free enterprise system and are prepared to give the world their very best shot.
The goal of the program is to help each Daniels Scholar succeed in college and ultimately become independent, successful in a rewarding career, and actively engaged in their community.
The Daniels Scholarship Program provides a four-year college scholarship that is unique to each student and varies depending on their Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and their choice of school. The scholarship pays up to $25,000 per year toward the student’s unmet need, after applying their EFC, other scholarships, and financial aid.
Daniels Scholars may attend any accredited nonprofit college or university in the United States.
Scholar eligibility requirements:
- Be a current high school senior graduating during the 2020-2021 academic year from a high school in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, or Wyoming.
- Be a current resident of one of these four states and a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Earn a minimum 3.0 high school GPA (on an unweighted 4.0 scale).
- Earn a minimum SAT Math score of 490 and a minimum Evidence-Based Reading & Writing score of 490, or a minimum ACT score of 18 in each category (writing score not required). Super scoring is not accepted.
- For students who were unable to take the SAT or ACT due to COVID-19 cancellations, they are eligible to apply with a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.3 in high school (on an unweighted 4.0 scale), and do not need to provide standardized test scores.
- The applicant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must have an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $85,000 or less on the 2019 tax return on which the applicant appears. For claimed dependents beyond the applicant, there is an allowance for an additional $5,000 for each dependent or $15,000 for each additional dependent in college full-time.
The Daniels Scholarship Program has provided more than $204 million in scholarships to over 4,350 students since the program was launched in 2000.
Images that are approved for use in coverage may be downloaded here.
About the Daniels Fund
The Daniels Fund, established by cable television pioneer Bill Daniels, is a private charitable foundation dedicated to making life better for the people of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming through its grants program, scholarship program, and ethics initiative. Visit DanielsFund.org
to learn more.
Media Contact: Bruce Wilmsen